The main goals of the AutoDB project are:
- Automate the debugging process and help programmers fix software bugs with as little effort as possible.
- Develop an automated software fault localization framework which is practical, efficient, and automatic, while reporting few false-positives without missing root cause(s) in nearly all cases.
- Develop an efficient symbolic execution technique to generate passing and failing inputs similar to the original failure-inducing input which will not only give valuable insights about the failure, but also help the automated software fault localization framework in localizing faults.
- Develop new static and dynamic analysis techniques and incorporate existing techniques for reducing false-positives and making fault localization more precise.
- Collect as much information as possible from static and dynamic analysis to aid the debugging process and help programmers easily and quickly fix bugs.